Wednesday 15 May 2013

My Demo Trade

Today I open a DEMO accout with Exness, with 100K deposit. This is are my trades (post will be updated after every trades)

1) 15/05/2013
GBPUSD
 Price had been clearly bearish past few days. I took the trade at M5 supply (RBD) zone. Price had been nicely compressing on its way to the supply. My entry was a touch trade at the lower border of the zone, with S/L  above the supply zone. I noticed that price also formed a nice bearish abandoned baby pattern on returning to the zone.


Trade was closed at the swap level (also RBR zone). This was a 2.5R win. Unfortunately, I entered wrong lot size. Instead of 10.0, I used 1.0 lot size. So instead of risking 2% (my standard risk per trade), I only risked 0.1% and gained ~0.25% only.



2) 16/05/2013
GBPUSD
I tried to sell GU at M5 RBD zone, but it hit S/L within few minutes.




Apparently the strong bull move was actually due to US data release, with both core CPI and unemployment claim showed bad data. So the lesson fo me tonight is before opening any trade, please check whether ther is any imminent price release!!

3) 16/05/2013
EURGBP
Another losing trade opened on the same day as GU trade above.
  
On hindsight, I guess the supply at A is much stronger than the demand level that I marked. Besides, my entry is on 2nd touch of the zone, and the spikes at B may have removed all the demand left and that's why price broke lower.

Looking at the daily time frame, price actually went down to the fresh daily demand, and then  went back up again. 


4) 17/05/2013
GBPUSD
Price broke a major H4 demand zone (light blue zone), and there was a nice RBD formed on LTF before the demand zone was broken. When price returned to this RBD zone, I shorted the pair with S/L above the RBD zone and TP at recent demand zone.

Trade closed with about 2.5R profit

5) 17/05/2013
USDCHF
I tried to short this pair once it reached a nice RBD zone on M30 (touch trade). But price spiked up and hit my S/L 

The move spikes up could be just fake out... Looking at the price pattern after my S/L was hit ( it looks like a descending triangle), price may go lower after this.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment